Mt. Baker, WA (February 8, 2010)
Well the month of January is over and so is our first Rad of the Month contest. We received submissions from all over North America, but in the end, it was Forrest Gladding’s shot of his wife, Melanie Gladding getting rad on a storm day while her son Sam Clark gives the thumbs up that took the prize package courtesy of Mervin Manufacturing and frequency TSJ. After all, a family that shreds together stays together, and we think that’s rad.
Forrest’s package, featuring t-shirts, hoodies and beanies appropriate to all members of the family and a few extra goodies from around the office, is on the way. In the meantime, check out Forrest’s blog.
And that brings us to the February Rad of the Month, for which Mervin has once again provided a prize package that will be supplemented with winner-appropriate frequency TSJ soft goods and more. Here are the official rules:
- Images do not have to be action shots. Anything you think is rad, that is somehow related to snowboarding, mountain life, or even just taken by a snowboarder will be considered. Remember, this is not a who can take the best snowboarding photo contest—we have plenty of technically perfect shots from the best in the business in our magazine and on our website.
- Photos must be taken in January or February, 2010–that means if you already have some rad from this year, send it now.
- A maximum of 5 photos per person.
- Email photos to submissions at frqncy.com with the subject “Rad of the Month”, or post them on our facebook page with the title “Rad of the Month”.
- The deadline is February 28, 2010, midnight.
- Now go find The Rad, document it, and send it in for your chance to win!