The Westcoast Triple Plank, a snowboarding, skateboarding and surfing event and fundraiser for the Central Westcoast Forest Society, is going virtual for 2021. Despite COVID-19 keeping everyone physically distanced this year, the fourth annual Westcoast Triple Plank is set to be a fun time for a good cause. Over $20,000 has been raised through the past three events. Through this year’s online video contest alternative, event founders Marie France-Roy and Alicia Gilmour are working to keep that momentum up.
Read the official press release below (and good luck in the contest if you decide to participate!):
The Westcoast Triple Plank is a snow-skate-surf contest originally held on Vancouver Island, BC as a fundraiser for Central Westcoast Forest Society (CWFS) and their wild salmon and habitat restorations. Due to the current pandemic challenges we are hosting a Westcoast Triple Plank Virtual Edition as our 4th Annual event.The goals are to keep raising funds and awareness for CWFS while encouraging oursnow, surf and skate communities to have fun and get outdoors to enjoy the places we love safely.
Online Video Contest
ALL SKILLS LEVELS WELCOME! We encourage creativity and participation over
• Video Length: All Video edits must be under 2 minutes maximum.
• Quality: No professional cinematography or media required, basic IPhone, GoPro, handycam footage all welcome.
• Categories: Men’s and Women’s, Pro, Amateur, Youth (18 and under). SNOW, SKATE, SURF can be entered individually or TRIFECTA (all three: snow, skate & surf.) Participants can also enter only one or two categories out of three.
• Prizes: Prizes from our generous partners will be awarded to each category winners. There will be several extra awards such as Most Creative, Best theme, Best Humor, Best Style, Best Bails, Most Original, Best Props, etc…Get creative and make it fun! No rules!
• Cost of Entry & Registration: $20 minimum donation directly to CWFS. Please register at:
• Contest duration: Please make sure all footage is captured between December 1st 2020 and July 1st 2021.
• Range: Worldwide! This online format allows people from all over the globe to enter.